Saturday, October 11, 2003

Supply and Demand

OK, so this morning I walked up Clark Street in search of Matt Clement chin music. It was pretty amazing, lots of people out. This has got to be good for the t-shirt economy. Anyway, to my surprise, nada on the chin hair. And the clerks were not amused. I'm thinking they're ticked that I'm coming in looking for a $4 item, when I should be spending 17.50 plus for a shirt, and a hat, and...

So, Matt Clement beard patches are actually a hotter commodity than tickets. I'm mean, there's ALWAYS a ticket, for a price. But no chin hair?

Come on, where, people, is our entrepreneurship? Are we not the City that Works? If this was NYC, there would be street vendors with painted brillo pads, for C*sake.

Well, gotta be flexible, and gotta love our neighborhood. A walk down Halsted, past the Elvis and Elvira mannequins, past the faux leopard skin thongs, past the costume jewelry and wigs, and bingo. Beatnix is my answer. Don't think the clerk had a clue who Matt Clement was, but I've got MY prop for tonight's performance. All the world's a stage.

No comments: